11 July 2007

Been busy...

Rather than concentrate on one subject I'm going to ramble a bit and try to write down a little of all of the things I have been doing lately (photographically speaking).

My latest group of photos involved visiting a church I pass every day while driving to work. St. Alban's Church is off a side street and up a small hill from the main road and I thought the road lines led in an interesting way towards the church itself. I used infrared film as I wanted a high contrast scene, it also moved the grass and foliage tones out of the way of the church tonally speaking which has helped to create a more pleasing look in my opinion.



Although the above scene was the one I had wanted to take the shot below seemed to work slightly better, I think due to the cleaner composition i.e. the lack of the lamp post.



I've also been playing around quite heavily with lith printing as of late. My latest attempt being a new take on a shot of Blaenavon Ironworks. To get it to the state below I had to lith print normally, bleach the print for a couple of seconds, re-develop in Ilford Multigrade, then selenium tone it. I like the deep tones that this process has created as well as the nice dark-brown (almost rusty) colour.



Last but not least I have developed an idea for the chive plant lith that I posted below, the idea came to me when I was playing around with a triptych presentation for the image. Instead of three identical prints all in different tones of colour I decided to print a mirror image of the original, selenium tone it and position it upside down under the first print to create a reflection.





1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

This is nice. :) Good idea and nice coloring.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home